Special requirements for investment projects
Special requirements for investment projects proposed for implementation on the territory of free economic zones
- Investment projects proposed for implementation in the territory of free economic zones, at the time of filing the investment application, should provide for the production of new types of products that are not manufactured in the Republic of Uzbekistan or whose production volumes in the Republic of Uzbekistan do not cover the needs of the domestic market.
- Investment projects proposed for implementation in the territory of free economic zones should provide for a change in the commodity position of the final product according to the commodity nomenclature code of the foreign economic activity of the Republic of Uzbekistan compared to the feedstock at the level of one of the first four digits or an increase in the volume of value-added products at least thirty percent.
- In free economic zones, it is not allowed to implement investment projects for the production of products for which a competitive environment has been created, the domestic market is saturated or there are domestic producers of similar products, the production volumes of which cover the needs of the domestic market.
- The creation of import-substituting, high-tech production in accordance with the parameters established by legislation;
- The staff of residents of FEZ should consist of citizens of the Republic of Uzbekistan not less than 90% of the total number of employees.
These requirements do not apply to fully export-oriented investment projects.